Animal Rescues Co-operating
You must login or register to access the forums.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

You must login or register to access the forums.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Animal lovers please help us ban declawing in the USA

+2
MrsMopp
kattaddorra
6 posters

Go down

Animal lovers please help us ban declawing in the USA Empty Animal lovers please help us ban declawing in the USA

Post by kattaddorra Sun Feb 07, 2010 9:55 am

Hello,I hope I'm posting this in the right place.I have followed a link from Kays Hill forum to you here in the hopes you will all sign and pass on our petition to as many other people who care about cats, as you can.
Cats are still being declawed in the USA routinely, this operation is actually the amputation of the cats end toe joints,it's a very painful operation and causes cats many physical and mental problems for life.Vets are even declawing little kittens along with neutering them, even though declawing is supposed to be a last resort for very serious scratching behaviour.
We are helping those people in the USA who know how cruel it is and want it banned.
PLEASE help us:
http://www.petitionthem.com/default.asp?sect=detail&pet=4312
THANK YOU
Ruth

kattaddorra

Back to top Go down

Animal lovers please help us ban declawing in the USA Empty Re: Animal lovers please help us ban declawing in the USA

Post by MrsMopp Sun Feb 07, 2010 3:47 pm

Hi Ruth and thanks for joining. Im a dog person so don't really get this. Why do they do it?

MrsMopp

Back to top Go down

Animal lovers please help us ban declawing in the USA Empty Re: Animal lovers please help us ban declawing in the USA

Post by kattaddorra Mon Feb 08, 2010 3:59 am

Hi Mrs Mopp, the main reason is to protect their furniture ! They know they can get a kitten and have him declawed rather than have to buy a scratching post and teach him how to use it.It's much easier that vets will adapt that poor little kitten for them.USA vets make a lot of money from declawing, they even advertise neuter/declaw packages and discounts for the operation !Most of them don't tell the client it's actually amputations, but even so, if it was simply removing the claws ...which would be bad enough.....people who don't like that cats have claws, shouldn't have cats !
Some even have their dogs declawed !!! I'm sure you as a dog lover cringe at that thought. But not many dogs are declawed because it's very obvious when a dog is declawed and people would be outraged to see it when out for a walk, and rightly so.But no one sees the poor cats which have to be prisoners for life as they have no defence.
The more people who know about this and sign our petition,the sooner we will get it banned for all animals.
Ruth

kattaddorra

Back to top Go down

Post by Lightning Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:53 am

That is so sad. I've never heard of that before, I hope they don't do this here in the UK?!

I hope you get lots of signatures on your petition Ruth, good luck

Lightning

Back to top Go down

Post by kattaddorra Tue Feb 09, 2010 6:13 am

Thank you Lightning.No they don't do it in our country,it's banned ! But even before it was, our vets would never do it. In all my years vet nursing only one person ever asked about it,I had to actually get the head vet to tell her I was right to say we wouldn't do it, that in fact she'd not find a vet anywhere in the UK to do it.
He sent her into orbit for even thinking about doing something so cruel. She's probably still up there somewhere even now ! Laughing

kattaddorra

Back to top Go down

Post by AnnaT Thu Feb 11, 2010 5:37 pm

Signed and cross posted :)

AnnaT

Back to top Go down

Post by kattaddorra Fri Feb 12, 2010 3:56 am

THANK YOU Anna T, each and every signature and remark will help us get declawing banned one day ! Very Happy

kattaddorra

Back to top Go down

Post by carnaafi Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:27 pm

Signed x

carnaafi

Back to top Go down

Post by kattaddorra Wed Feb 17, 2010 3:31 am

THANK YOU Very Happy
We have 2650 signatures from all over the world so far but need many more to make an impact.
Ruth

kattaddorra

Back to top Go down

Post by Christine Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:06 am

sorry but I cannot get onto the link to sign, but will keep on trying it isd a disgraceful practice as is any kind of animal mutilation to suit the human owner

Christine

Back to top Go down

Post by kattaddorra Fri Feb 19, 2010 4:30 am

Thanks Christine, I've just tried the link and it's working OK at present. Maybe the web site was down.I'm so grateful you are going to sign it when you can.

kattaddorra

Back to top Go down

Post by Christine Fri Feb 19, 2010 6:49 am

it still won't load for me, I even googled it and still I get the oops link broken notice.
I had an email friend in the US and he got a cat which they took to the vets to be declawed to save their sodding furniture, just could not believe it!!!!

Christine

Back to top Go down

Post by kattaddorra Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:31 am

Yes to some USA people, their furniture is more important than the health and welfare of their cats,it's sickening !
I can't understand why you can't get the petition from the link ,some people have signed today and I've just tried again and it worked......
Try going to www.petitionthem.com and on the home page in the petition box type declaw and our petition link will come up to click on.
If that doesn't work for you I'm beat but thanks for trying.
Animal lovers please help us ban declawing in the USA 42412

kattaddorra

Back to top Go down

Post by kattaddorra Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:32 am

Sorry that should be in the search box not the petition box
Embarassed

kattaddorra

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum